作者： 湘鄂情菜谱 来源湘鄂情菜谱 发布时间2019-02-22
1. Where are the two speakers?
A. B. C.
2. What may the man’s job be?
A. B. C.
3. What does the man suggest they do?
A. B. C.
4. Which programme is Jim watching?
5. Who are they talking about?
A. An actress. B. The boy’s girl friend. C. A little girl next door.
6. How did the man feel when he heard the words?
A. Excited. B. Interested. C. Surprised.
7. What can we know from the conversation?
A. The man will go to the art show with the woman.
B. The woman wants to visit the art show.
C. The TV advertisement for the art show isn’t attractive.
8. What is the relationship between the two speakers?
A. Husband and wife. B. Mother and son. C. Father and daughter.
9. What is the woman doing?
A. Making a joke. B. Questioning a witness. C. Looking into an unsolved case.
10. What’s the man’s animal sign?
A. The Horse. B. The Sheep. C. We don’t know.
11. What do we know about the man?
A. He’s a college student.
B. He’s sure to get the job.
C. He has some work experience.
12. How much will the man earn in the first year if he gets the job?
A. $90, 000. B. $80,000. C. $60,000.
Philip — an excellent student
Philip goes to the Art Club 13 .
Philip often watches Animal World for 14 hours a week.
Philip often 15 for at least two hours on Saturdays.
13. A. every day B. once a week C. every other day
14. A. two B. one and a half C. two and a half
15. A. plays basketball B. does his homework C. watches sports programmes
16. How many colours are mentioned in the passage?
A. Sixteen. B. Fourteen. C. Ten.
17. What is the way to change our mood according to the passage?
A. Wearing different colors of clothes.
B. Wearing brightly colored clothes.
C. Wearing dark colored clothes.
18. If a boy wants to give his girl friend the sense of safety, what colour had he better wear?
A. Red. B. Black. C. Yellow.
19. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. It’s said each colour has its own power.
B. Wearing your favourite colour may have better effects on you.
C. If you wear particular colours of clothes, you will feel better.
20. What doe s the passage mainly talk about?
A. Colours and personalities. B. Colours and clothes. C. Colours and feelings.
21. — Do you think it’s ______ good fruit juice advertisement?
— Of course. I can’t wait to try ______ bottle of it.
A. /; a B. a; a C. a; the D. /; the
22. Of the seven days in a week, Saturday is said to be the most popular ______ for a wedding in some countries.
A. suggestion B. calendar C. date D. choice
23. Before we did detailed reading, the teacher asked some ______ questions to let us learn about the main idea of the passage.
A. common B. usual C. general D. major
24. — What colour would you like to wear ______ the party?
— Jane suggests a blue dress and a white pair of shoes ______ me.
A. to; for B. for; to C. to; to D. at; for
25. — The electric fan can ______ blow away the terrible smell in the room, can it?
— It’s hard to say, but you may have a try.
A. hardly B. easily C. quickly D. probably
26. — I don’t really like James. Why did you invite him?
— Don’t worry. He ______ come. He will be on the plane then.
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. may not D. can’t
27. — Have you heard of the new robot that can help us do the housework?
— Yes. That’s really great, but some people worry that it may ______ laziness.
A. encourage B. connect C. lead D. represent
28. — I hope not to forget my promise to come to your party next Friday.
— Don’t worry. You will ______ the time one day earlier.
A. remind B. be reminded C. remind of D. be reminded of
29. — How was everything going when you studied abroad?
— It was a difficult time at first, but things ______ fine finally.
A. worked out B. broke out C. turned out D. tried out
30. — Sandy, I’m going to have ballet lessons. What do you think of it?
— You? It’s no use trying to learn ballet ______ yo武汉市哪里癫痫病医院好u have a gift for music.
A. until B. unless C. before D. since
31. — Which colour do you prefer?
— ______ blue ______ white is OK. They are both my favourites.
A. Both; and B. Neither; nor C. Not; but D. Either; or
32. — You can’t imagine ______ little ants can carry ______ heavy a thing.
— That’s what we should learn from ants.
A. such; so B. so; such C. such; such D. so; so
33. — My eyesight is getting worse these days. I’d like to have my eyes ______.
— Perhaps you should consider ______ the time on the computer.
A. checked; to reduce B. to check; reducing C. checked; reducing D. checking; to check
34. Father’s birthday is coming. I’m thinking about ______.
A. what present shall I get him B. how I can give him a surprise
C. where we could have a big meal D. if I should plan a party for him or not
35. — I hear John had a car accident after drinking last night.
— I don’t feel anything surprising. ______.
A. Like father, like son B. A miss is as good as a mile
C. You can’t be too careful D. It’s better to be safe than sorry
I noticed an old couple as they walked into the second-hand store. Just before that I had dropped off a bag of clothes and a few other things I no longer needed.
The couple moved 36 around me in search of things they had on a list.
“Can I help you 37 something?” I asked curiously.
They stopped, looked at me and said, “We’re looking for 38 things that look new.”
“Every year in the past, we tried to 39 the year with new things. It was a goal (目标) to have new things around us so that we had a new 40 , new hopes and dreams for the new year,” said the old man. “But nowadays we also believe that even though something is old, it 41 be n ew to someone who has never seen it before.”
“So, at the end of each year we search for things that are 42 to no one but new to us,” the old woman added.
“What have you found so far?” I asked.
The man showed two things: a small frame made of sticks and one baby boot.
“We still need one more thing,” he said.
“Got it!” I heard a loud 43 .
“What did you find?” the old man shouted, too.
The old woman walked slowly towards us 44 something in her hand. “Look! It’s a flower vase. Well, it looks 45 , but it’s new to us!”
They then headed for the checkout without saying another word.
Everything that you see for the first time is new.
36. A. quickly B. slowly C. freely D. excitedly
37. A. buy B. carry C. find D . introduce
38. A. small B. lovely C. cheap D. old
39. A. begin B. spend C. finish D. accept
40. A. action B. competition C. direction D. instruction
41. A. must B. can C. should D. will
42. A. useful B. strange C. real D. expensive
43. A. noise B. cry C. laugh D. shout
44. A. getting B. taking C. holding D. keeping
45. A. wonderful B. awful C. beautiful D. shiny
What do you think about mistakes? Maybe you say no one likes making mistakes. But mistakes lead to growth.
Converge Magazine recently published articles about mistakes students should make. It suggests students need to live a balanced life , even in the college environment.
According to the topic of the article , there are four mistakes students should make. The mistakes include:
Think they pick the wrong major (专业)
A student should explore any possibility that interests him, and future careers might just be around the corner. Remember, if you don’t know what to do, it’s OK!
Think their teachers know everything
Students may think of their teachers as gods who know everything, but that really is not the case. Students should know teachers are the ones who can help us understand better. Students can research answers on their own and get their own opinions instead of having their teachers tell them the answers.
Think they get too involved
Getting good grades is very important, but it’s only a part of the life. Joining clubs and learning about social situations are all good for teenagers’ growth. It will not only make the students more knowledgeable but also create interest in their education.
Think taking a day off is a waste of time
Now, students are under too much pressure. It’s necessary for them to relax now and then. But they always keep in mind how that might influence their schoolwork. Take a day off to relax, and you may get an energetic student the next day. Just don’t do it too often.
46. The articles published on Converge Magazine are about ______.
A. students’ college life B. college environment
C. students’ mistakes D. students’ future career
47. Which of the following is NOT true acco湖州哪里看癫痫rding to the passage?
A. Making mistakes is good for growth.
B. Students can learn everything from the teachers.
C. Joining clubs helps students learn a lot.
D. It’s necessary for students to live a balanced life.
48. The writer thinks that ______.
A. students should pick the right major B. getting grades is all for students
C. relaxing at times is necessary for students D. teachers shouldn’t make mistakes
Reality TV is a type of programme. It means that real-life people, not actors, are followed and filmed in a real situation, or game.
Reality TV is very popular in the UK. At their best, these programmes give us a good look into the lives of different people in Britain. At their worse, they are a very cheap way to make programmes and sometimes involve people behaving very badly.
Here’s a selection of some of the UK’s reality shows.
A group of young people live in a house for a week and must stay awake. Each day there are tests to see how well they can work eve n though they are totally tired out. They must leave the house if they fall asleep. Viewers vote on those who stay in the house and text their comments (评论) every day.
Come to Dine with Me
Each week four people prepare dinner in their homes for the other competitors. Each competitor then g ives the cook a grade out of 10 for the food and entertainment (). The winner gets a $1,000 cash prize. Sometimes the food is terrible and the competitors are very rude to each other.
World’s Strictest Parents
Badly-behaved British teens are sent abroad to live with a super strict family for a week. The teenagers have to follow the rules of their host family and go to the local school. After seven days the teenagers return home and their parents tell us if their behaviour is better. There is often a lot of crying and shouting in this show but it can be pretty funny too.
49. Which statement about Reality TV is NOT true?
A. Real-life people are in it. B. We can see a real situation in it.
C. It usually costs less money to make Reality TV. D. Anybody can be in Reality TV.
50. You will have to leave Shattered if ______.
A. you are too tired to sleep B. you fall sleep
C. the viewers dislike you D. you can’t get on well with others
51. What do we know about Come to Dine with Me?
A. It’s broadcast once a week.
B. Competitors usually don’t have good behaviour.
C. Competitors taste the food and give it a grade.
D. There are altogether four people in the programme each time.
52. Which of the following can NOT be learned from World’s Strictest Parents?
A. The host parents are too strict with the teens.
B. Some teens dislike their host family’s rules.
C. Some teens wouldn’t like to live with their host family.
D. Badly-behaved teens can behave better after a week with a super strict family.
There will be three kids movies in theaters. Let’s know the main idea of them first.
53. The three movies are all ______.
A. horror films B. fairy tales C. romantic films D. action films
54. Gerda is Kai’s ______.
A. sister B. mother C. friend D. servant
55. Why has Rex been away from his home?
A. To find a wife. B. To raise a chick.
C. To learn to hunt in the wild oceans. D. We don’t know.
56. How can Michael help his son face the tragedy?
A. By finding his Christmas joy. B. By giving his son the courage.
C. By fining a gift for his son. D. By bringing joy to his son on Christmas.
Answers to life can be found in everyday events. Watching nature, watching people and watching animals communicate with each other provide some of the simplest ways to life’s biggest problems.
This became clearer to me yesterday. It caused me to ask myself, “How do I respond (反应) to the storms in life?”
People usually run when it starts to rain. I love to walk in it, stand on my front door and feel it. I grew up doing it and have never really felt the fear many people do.
The animal world senses changes in the weather far earlier than humans. My dog, Ricky, begins to shake long before the storm is close enough to be noticed. I was about to feed my three dogs yesterday and as usual, I let them out in the yard first. They didn’t move when thunder came across the skies. So I placed their food in their bowls and called Ricky into the kitchen.
Ricky was just standing there in place next to his bowl. The thunder became louder, which forced him to stop eating his meal. Then I watched Phil. He made his way across the kitchen floor and stood over Ricky’s bowl. He ate all the remaining food. Generally, if Ricky was standing there, he wouldn’t dare (敢) come close. But today, he took advantage (优势) of the storm and got what he wanted. His hope for the prize outweighed (胜过) his fear of the storm.
That’s when it hit me. As men, we face all kinds of storms. They come in unannounc癫痫病手术ed. Sometimes we stay in a corner or under the blankets, hoping it will all pass. However, if you dare put your head out, you’ll discover there’re people doing what they must to get what they must have out of life. Isn’t it time you decided to take advantage of the storm?
57. According to the writer, answers to life ______.
A. are difficult to find B. lie around us
C. are simple to understand D. make people become fearless
58. From the passage we can learn that the writer ______.
A. enjoys the rain B. fears thunder
C. hates the storm D. cares little about the weather
59. According to the passage, what hit the writer most?
A. Phil wasn’t afraid of the storm. B. Ricky stopped eating food.
C. Phil ate the rest of Ricky’s food. D. Ricky sensed the storm earlier than he.
60. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. Find out Answers to Life B. Take Advantage of the Storm
C. Stop Storms in our Daily Life D. Pay Attention to Everyday Events
61. Usually the lion is thought to be the s ▲ of courage.
62. That’s too bad! The door is l ▲ with my key inside.
63. I don’t think white ▲ (适合) me. Actually, dark colours make me look slim.
64. To our joy, the problem was ▲ (成功) solved at last.
65. He is so weak that he has some difficulty ▲ (控制) himself when walking.
66. — Can you help me with my English?
— Sure. Please come to me ▲ you need help.
67. — What did your father say about your travel plan?
— Nothing. He just listened in ▲ .
68. — What are going to do for the winter holiday?
— We’re going away to Thailand or ▲ warm. It just depends.
69. — Hey, Jane! Why do you get up so early?
— I’d better leave early to avoid the ▲ hour traffic.
70. — Mr Li is already in his thirties. But he’s still ▲ .
— That’s his way of life. For him, work comes first.
随着“爸爸去哪儿?”等综艺节目的播出，人们越来越意识到爸爸对孩子成长的重要作用。根据近期你校对本校学生的调查，统计出孩子心目中好爸爸的三大优秀品质。请你根据下列表格中的内容，以“What makes a good father?”为题，用英文写一篇短文。
好爸爸的品质 百分比 理 由
1. 多花时间陪孩子 52% 感受到父爱。
2. 以身作则 27% 为孩子树立表率，教会他们诚实、勇敢。
3. 经常赞美孩子 14% 给孩子的一个微笑也是对孩子的赞赏。
What makes a good father?
With the hot Chinese reality show “Where Are We Going, Dad?” broadcast, people realize that fathers play an important role in the growth of their children. From the recent survey of our students, we have found that there are three most important qualities that a good father should have.
1 – 5 BACBA 6 – 10 CBACB 11 – 15 ACBCA 16 – 20 CABAC
21 – 25 BDCBA 26 – 30 DADCB 31 – 35 DACBA
36 – 40 BCDAC 41 – 45 BADCB
46 – 50 CBCDB 51 – 55 ADBAC 56 – 60 ABACB
61. symbol 62. locked 63. suits 64. successfully 65. controlling
66. whenever 67. silence 68. somewhere 69. rush 70. single
71. This country was divided into three parts because of the war.
72. As soon as she appeared at the wedding, she caught everyone’s attention.
73. People think highly of his great achievements in the film industry.
74. He went away in such a hurry that he left many clues at the scene of the crime.
75. Why not/ Why don’t you listen to others’ advice before making the final decision?
One Possible Version：
With the hot Chinese reality show “Where Are We Going, Dad?” broadcast, people realize that fathers play an important role in the grow th of their children. From the recent survey of our students, we have found that there are three most important qualities that a good father should have. 52% of the students think a good father should spend more time with his children. In this way they’ll feel their father’s love. 27% of the students believe a good father is a good example. He can teach his children to be honest and braver. 14% of the students think a good father should often praise his children because his smiles also suggest his praise.
In my opinion, a good father is also a patient teacher. A good father will listen to his children and give them suggestions if necessary.
1. W: What a good painting! I must take a photo of it to show my friends la北京羊癫疯医院那里好ter.
M: I’m afraid you can’t. Please look at the sign on the wall.
2. W: Do you let people know when you’re taking pictures of them?
M: I try not to. You know any picture of a person who poses for the camera would look unnatural.
3. W: What do you think of the music they are playing?
M: You mean the dance music? It’s so beautiful. Let’s go dancing, shall we?
4. W: Jim, you still haven’t finished watching the programme yet?
M: Oh, Mum. It’s near the end. I want to know who can win the competition at last.
5. W: I like Anne Hathaway. She’s so cute in the film The Princess Diaries.
M: Yeah, she is. She is like a little girl next door. My girl friend likes her, too.
6. W: I hear Peter had his computer repaired.
M: Really? He has a lot of skills, but he can’t repair his own computer?
7. W: Jack, there’s an art show in our city museum. Would you like to go with me?
M: I know from the TV advertisement, it’s all about western art forms. I’m not interested in it.
8. W: Dear, what happened between Nancy and Victor while we were away?
M: They argued about what TV programmes to watch.
9. W: You were seen hanging about the store on the night when it was broken into, weren’t you?
M: Me? You must be joking. I was at home that night.
10. W: I was born on February the eighth, 2002. My animal sign is the Horse.
M: Really? I was born in the same month and the same year but why isn’t my animal sign the Horse?
W: That’s because I was born before the Chinese New Year and you were after it. So yours is the Sheep.
W: Please sit down. Let’s see, you’re Mr Bacon.
M: That’s right, James Bacon.
W: Well, let’s begin. When will you graduate?
M: This July.
W: Have you ever done any work in this field?
M: No, never. We only did some practice work in class.
W: You seem to be doing very well in college. What kind of pay are you hoping to get?
M: From what I’ve read, it seems that the starting salary should be about eighty thousand dollars a year.
W: Here we would start at sixty thousand dollars for the first year. Then you would go to ninety thousand dollars. After that, your pay rise depends on how well you have worked.
M: I see. Do we have vocations?
W: Those are all explained in this document. You can take it with you,
M: Oh, thanks. I’ll have a look at home and then contact you.
Philip is a Grade Nine student. He does well in all his subjects. But he also spares enough time for his hobbies. He goes to the Art Club every Wednesday. He’s interested in watching programmes about animals. Usually he spends half an hour a day on weekdays watching Animal World. He’s also a very good basketball player. On Saturdays, after doing his homework, he often plays basketball with his friends for at least two hours. On Sunday evenings, he watches programmes about sports for about one and a half hours with his father, because his father is also a sports fan while his mother isn’t interested in sports at all. She likes TV series.
Our clothes are a powerful tool. It can make us feel better about ourselves by wearing different colors of clothes.
Normally when we are sad, we will wear dark colored clothes. Oppositely, when we are happy, we often choose to wear brightly colored clothes. The reason for this is that our choice of color mirrors how we are feeling.
Those who don’t believe in the idea often say, “If only this truly worked”. Well in reply to those people, there has been a lot of research into what happens to someone’s feelings when they are asked to wear just one color of clothes. It has been proved that if we wear particular colors of clothes, these can change our feelings.
Suppose we are feeling sad, if we wear black we may begin to feel worse. However if we wear green, red or yellow, we may begin to feel better. Each colour is said to have its own power. Red makes one feel energetic, yellow bright, blue thoughtful, orange happy, green peaceful, white easy-going, brown good at learning new things, pink romantic, purple easy to fall in love and black safe.
So remember, if you are not feeling your best, you can always try out some different coloured clothes. If one colour has no effect on your feelings, maybe another will.